Saturday, September 06, 2008

School Thoughts

School has just begun. I am already excited to be teaching history, but I also have conflicting thoughts. The textbook is rather heavy, and my students have to travel a ton this year. I have a SmartBoard (tm) and an awesome projector. Would it be too much if the students left their books at home and took guided notes from the board and projector or handouts? I don't think so.


Also, I have tons of things to do with 7th grade and 8th grade Latin. 7th grade will be creating themselves as Romans. They will have to read about Roman clothing and then create the appropriate clothing for a sort of paper doll. 8th grade will be recreating a classical statue/mosaic/relief/work of art. They will have to dress like and pose like the work of art. It's always funny.

I don't feel like I have any time to eat or get a cup of coffee or even run to the restroom this year. I am sure I will get into the groove soon...

I think my students are going to learn a lot and have a lot of fun doing it - on tap for 6th grade is candy mosaics, creating a coat of arms, and a trip to Medieval Times Restaurant.

I guess school really starts on Monday. Finally. I can't wait!

No comments: