Monday, September 01, 2008

Power Outages and Hurricane Tip

This website (from entergy) shows where power outages have occurred so far. The responses look automated, but at least you can see if you have to empty your refrigerator when you get home. Looks like Berto, Mr. Clio, Sean, and my brother are going to be doing just that. My mom looks like she is ok so far.

I am watching WDSU on my brand newly installed DirecTV channel 361. (Thanks, DirecTV!) I feel like I am home. It's a beautiful day here in PA (and will be for the next week or so), but I am waiting for the wind and rain to start any minute. I need to get away from the TV and get some work done. This obsessing isn't helping me at all.

Best tip I heard this hurricane season - put your meat in a plastic garbage bag in the freezer. When you return home, all you have to do is chuck the bag! I wish I could remember who told me that to give them credit.

Stay safe, everyone.

4 comments:

Mr. Clio said...

You only have to put the meat in a bag if you haven't grilled it all the day before. I did. Yum.

Mr. Clio said...

PS Thanks for the great entergy link.

Adrienne Salvaggio said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Adrienne Salvaggio said...

grrr. i can't get the site to show me what is going on with power outages. We are trying to figure out whether we can go home tomorrow or thursday. If anyone has any insight onto how the site works or if it is still working i would appreciate it.