Friday, September 19, 2008

Mental Dislocations and Rootlessness

Tom Piazza has written a book which Kevin Allman reviews. And mental dislocation and rootlessness describe exactly how I feel about New Orleans. I will be purchasing and reading City of Refuge. I hope that no one else in this country ever has to feel like that about his or her city.

I was talking to some folks just last night, and I am beginning to come to grips with why I am sad about New Orleans. It hurts when you feel forgotten and ignored when you think people care. But in the end this will only make you stronger. I hope it will be a better place when all is said and done. The NOLA bloggers are helping tons in this regard.

1 comment:

The long, long road home,New Orleans said...

mental dislocation and rootlessness, oh yeah. Husband in Iraq,don't know anyone here. I so want to go home. I've been in terrible mood since I came back from NOLA visit.