Sunday, August 06, 2006

letter to the mayor

- I have had enough. I plan on bombarding the cityofno.com website contact page with emails to Hizzoner. People talk, people write, and the t-p has an editorial. Maybe the mayor needs direct contact. I don't know, but I am not gonna think he got the message. I am sending it directly to him. Every damn day. Till I start seeing results. And when I move down there, things are going to get a lot more personal....

Here's my email. Feel free to copy/paste/adapt/change/ignore

Mr. Mayor,
I am a former resident of New Orleans who now lives in Easton, PA. I was visiting last year when Katrina approached and then struck. I am desperately working on convincing my wife (who is not from New Orleans) to return with me and be part of the rebirth, recovery, and rennaissance of New Orleans. I am, however, concerned about a lack of plan. I don't see any movement or improvement. I need to see that the city is going to take steps to improve - education, infrastructure, levees, quality of life, etc. You, in particular, have been very quiet since your re-election. Where is the 100-day plan? Where is the BNOB commission? Where are you?
I am concerned that you have become part of the problem that we elected you originally (in 2001) to fix. It was with great fanfare that you shut down the corrupt brake tag operations. And then you seem to have fallen prey to the game. What happened to the integrity that we all believed you had? What happened to the guy that was going to fix the city government? What happened to the guy on the radio during the flooding who was so angry and wanted things fixed? What happened to the mayor?
Sir, I know that things have not been easy in the last 11 or so months. Nobody should have to endure such hardships, but you chose to be a leader. It seems that you have been only a leader in word and not in deed. New Orleans cannot afford any more talk. It is past time for action. Do what you said you were going to do. Lead your city out of its greates crisis into its even better future. Fix the school system, repair the roads, end the culture of poverty, and move the city into the 21st century. The legacy of hundreds of thousands of New Orleanians has been placed in your hands. Mr. Nagin, you can do it. You simply have to.

Sincerely,

Mr. LtnTcha (name changed to protect me when I move back)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

borat mysterical

powerful.

adventerus