Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Bankrupt Ideas

This is one of my peeves - Hollywoodland is making movies of TV shows. The reason that they were TV shows is that they weren't good enough ideas for movies. So now we have the Incredible Hulk and Speed Racer and Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard MOVIES. Just because you can doesn't mean you have to or even should. I love special effects as much as the next person, but Jesus. Is that all it really took to get these movies off the ground?

Apparently, this has been going on for a long time in Hollywoodland.

Which ones am I going to see? Probably none as I have just seen Don't Mess With the Zohan at a Drive-In. It wasn't worth it. I couldn't convince my wife to stay up late enough to watch the double feature movie Iron Man. Maybe next time....

No comments: