Sunday, April 06, 2008

Welcome to Easton

One of these days I am going to realize that no matter how bad I want it, I don't live in New Orleans. I live in Easton. Pennsylvania. And I think my wife is going to make me live here for a few more years. So with that in mind, I would like to post some of my thoughts about Easton, some links to things I do in Easton, and things that are related to Easton in general.

But first:
Number of Pirates vs. Global
I know it's an older study, but I still think it's valuable.

Welcome to Easton.

Here is the official city of Easton site. It's not great, but it's full of information. I wish it was slightly less busy, but it does it's job.

There is a non-profit group here that is trying to help promote downtown Easton. They award grants and provide other services. I have not met with many of these folks, but I do know that they work hard to improve life around here. I think they need a little help (the website hasn't been updated in 7 weeks, for example, and doesn't have a mission statement) in terms of expressing their vision and function. This will not be the blog post in which I discuss this issue. (Eventually, I was able to dig around quite a bit to find a mission statement. Later, grasshopper.)

The Arts Council of Easton (whose vision appears on the home page!)

Lehighvalleylive.com is the local Express-Times newspaper site. Just this week they interviewed the owner of the College Hill Tavern! (just two(!) blocks from my house)

That's all I can find for now. Enjoy.

No comments: