Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Job Wanted

After 13 years of teaching middle school Latin, I have chosen to resign my position at my school. I do not have a job lined up, but I felt it was time to leave after my most successful year ever. Over the last seven years I have built up the program from only seven students to more than 30 this year. I have had a wonderful time, made some great friends, and achieved recognition for my hard work. The multi-cultural diversity of the student population is a great asset to the school, and the interaction of faculty with the students is amazing. All things considered, I am sad to be leaving such a place.

As the year winds down, I am beginning to look for a new job, a new career, a new challenge. With this in mind, this is what I am looking for (in no particular order):

a job helping to rebuild New Orleans (but not necessarily involved in education)
a job working with technology and computers
a job that will provide me an opportunity to grow mentally
a job with skills that can be transferred to other professions
a job close to where I live
a job that gives merit-based raises
a job that does not involve working in cubicles
a job that includes travel
a job with a company that is stable, well-established, and helps people improve themselves
a job with friendly people
a job with potential (monetary, professional, and otherwise)


I don't think I have a lot of demands, but if I could find something that incorporates all these I would be a really happy guy.

If anyone knows of something that fits the bill, please let me know.

Here's hoping.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rebuild New Orleans... work with technology... no work in cubicles... includes travel... stable, well-established company...

How about Mayor of New Orleans.

G.

Anonymous said...

I don't know if you've seen this or not but it's an interesting time-line by Walter Williams

http://blog.nola.com/ohno/2007/04/chronology_of_a_disaster.html#more

G.

cecille said...

Hey...it's Cecille. I just found this and I'm really upset that I didn't before now because I would have wanted to say goodbye. Your class was the reason I came to this school. There are so many amazing memories and quotes from seventh and eighth grade, and you'll always be one of my favourite teachers ever. Now I wish I'd come back to the MS more this year. The school is suffering a great loss, but whoever/whatever gets you next is getting a great gain (sorry, wow, that sentence is awkward). We'll miss you a lot and I really hope things go well for you. E-mail me at caffeine.cello@gmail.com. Bona Fortuna.