Friday, July 31, 2009

Changing Focus

After my endless tirade against #42 for the Saints last year, I have realized that perhaps I was too harsh on the man.  Maybe it's time to move forward from 2008's suckfest.  So I am going to hope for the Saints to do their best, make the playoffs, and win a game or two in the postseason.  And I hope that #42 makes the team and does a great job this year.

#29*, on the other hand, sucks, even if he had a good day on the first day of practice. 





*Making interceptions in a touch game is much different than doing it in front of 70,000 fans.  And getting burned and costing your team at least 2, maybe 3, games is inexcusable.  I once had a girlfriend tell me, "You don't have to go for the interception every time."  That's some good advice.  Jason David had 5 interceptions last year.  Part of that is because the opposing quarterback was throwing half his passes at #42.  5 picks, 3 games lost.  I would give up the 5 picks.  11 and 5 would have been a helluva record last year.

No comments: