Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Pukiness, the house, and the baby

So George is rapidly approaching his first birthday (2 weeks!) and plans are in place for a big blowout at the old villa (Good news!  You're invited!).  My mom is coming up from New Orleans, Kate's dad and stepmom are coming in from Columbus, and her mom is bringing all her friends from pretty near here.  Since the party is Easter weekend,  I was thinking about having a traditional Easter crawfish boil.  But I am pretty sure that I can't afford that.  Whenever you look for prices on the internet, they are a bit absurd and then I have to include shipping (200 bucks for 40 pounds? Does that seem right?).  So that's probably out.

Preparations are underway for that.  And we are sort of thinking about selling our house and moving, so I spent my entire spring break this year painting.  The front stairs, the entry hall, the cold-catcher hall, the trim, the upstairs hallway, and the face of the back stairwell. I still have to paint the top of the steps in the front, our bedroom, and the middle room of the attic.  We are in the process of hiring a landscaper to come make the yard presentable, I have to buy three new storm windows, and I have to find a new box newel for the front steps.  In fact, as I sit here right now, I am thinking that I should be painting.

Anyway, here's a video of him eating spaghetti for the first time.





The night after I made George eat this, he had his first taste of pizza.  Which he threw up.  All night.  And he hasn't really stopped throwing up since.  I think he may have some allergy to milk or dairy products or we may be overstuffing him.  I am not sure.  Today was his first non-vomity day since Friday.  I think he's ok because he seems happy as can be.  He even seems happy after he throws up.  But I sure do wish it would stop.  I don't think I am ever going to get the smell out of the car.  I hope this whole thing goes away before his birthday party.

No comments: