Sunday, January 21, 2007

Game Day

Yesterday was interesting. I woke up feeling sick. Worse than the day before, actually. But I knew that I had to explore a little. I finally left the room around 12 noon and was looking for the location of the Weber Grill Restaurant - everything there is cooked on a charcoal grill. I went north up Dearborn and just walked. It's hard to get a feel for a town when you are in its downtown on a weekend. However, everything was clean and nice. Lots of restaurants and shops. I had a hotdog at Mr. J's. Not bad, not good. Just a dog.

As my people started coming in, we agreed to meet at Fado's Irish Bar. Nice place. Waitresses could have been a little more warm, but it was fun. I met my Latin teacher buddy and his girl over a the Weber restaurant. Good times, good food, good fun.

Could not sleep last night. I kept waking up do see if it was time to go to the game. It's snowing. It's wet. But it's football weather. Saints have a team geared towards this kind of game. I think we are meeting with some people who are cooking red beans and rice to tailgate before the game. Section 253. By myself. Can't wait!!!

GO SAINTS!!

No comments: