Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Two Things

1) Jack came back from the kennel with a hoarse bark. I always wondered if a dog could make himself hoarse from barking. Now I know the answer.

2) Figuring out how to teach history is not as easy as I thought. Right now I have way more ideas than I do plans (which is to say I have some plans but, boy, do I need more). Latin is much easier to plan for.* I guess I have some more looking to do.



*I wish there was a group of history teachers somewhere that exchanged best practices/lesson plans/ideas like they have for all my Latin text books. Yahoo hosts these groups for Latin and they always post materials and chat about how to teach difficult concepts. It's a great support group and it's text based. How much better can you get than that?

No comments: