Saturday, February 28, 2009

Happy Birthday, Dad

I know you've been gone for 17 years now, but I think you would be proud of me.  I married a great girl, work at a great job, and have a great kid we named after you.  You would love him to pieces, and I know he would love you, too.  His temperament doesn't seem anything like mine (thank the heavens).  Mom thinks he's the best thing ever.  I talk about you to him all the time - I guess we would have named you Papa or Big George.  Ms. Toni is tickled pink, too.  She sends gifts every few months.  I think we all miss you more than we can say.  I hope I can be as good a dad to baby George as you were to me.  Thanks for being so patient with me when I didn't deserve it.  I believe it paid off even if it took a while.  And please keep looking out for us.  We could use all the help we can get.

1 comment:

Michael Homan said...

My dad passed away just 2 years ago, but it's nice for me to think that I'll feel similar thoughts on the 17th anniversary of his passing.