Saturday, April 25, 2009

If I were there - Part 2 - Choices

Looks like a great JazzFest day to me.  If I were going to stay in one spot, I would head over to the Gentilly Stage for the day - Joe Krown, Walter "Wolfman" Washington, and Russel Batiste, Jr. followed by Big Sam's Funky Nation and then Ivan Neville and Dumpstaphunk.  Then an afternoon with Galactic before Wilco.  Not a bad day.  In the past I may have moved on over to Acura to see James Taylor, but last time he was at the fest it was a little slow for me.

Depending on who I was with, we may want to move around and the agenda would be different - Imagination Movers on the Acura Stage, then into the paddock for Paul Sanchez and Ingrid Lucia on the Laginappe Stage, maybe even skipping Ingrid Lucia for Congo Square and the Rebirth Brass Band.  Then a quick zip over to the Blues Tent for John Mooney and Bluesiana.  I might end the day a little early or try and catch Erykah Badu at Congo Square or Don Vappie in the Jazz and Heritage Tent (especially after I saw his special). 

What would you go see?


Home Paul Sanchez & the Rolling Road Show

No comments: