Thursday, December 13, 2007

Money Money Money

I don't subscribe to the USA Today, but I have been noticing that they seem to have tons of articles that continue to focus on New Orleans. Just for this reason, I may begin to get it. In today's paper, I saw this article. While money itself ($17.5 million) will not fix the issues with New Orleans schools (or the aftermath of the Federal Flood), the organizations that received this grant money will be able to. Among the groups receiving funds are Teach for America, New Leaders for New Schools, teachNOLA, and New Schools for New Orleans. Among the donors are Bill and Melinda Gates, Eli and Edythe Broad, and Doris and Donald Fisher.

My hats go off to them. Thank you for helping make a difference.

However, what about the RSD schools? Do they get any of the money or does it simply go to schools run by these organizations? Then what?

It looks to me like this is beginning to be a two-tiered system.

No comments: