Friday, January 02, 2009

Making Resolutions

This year I didn't really make any particular resolutions.  I know that the every change starts with the first day, and the changing of the calendar makes it easy to remember.  But I don't do very good with resolutions.  That being said, I do have some things to work on.

My memory seems to be shot.  I am going to do more crosswords and more sudoku.  I don't know if it will help, but it certainly can't hurt.

I am going to try to go out with my wife for a nice dinner once a month.  We just need to find a reliable sitter.

I am going to try to buy other beer besides Abita.  I am not sure why I am going to do this, but I am.

I will try not to be so critical about the food I am served outside of NOLA.  It's just not fair to let amateurs on the field with professionals.

I am going to paint the inside of this house so we can sell it.  I don't think it needs much, but that sure can't hurt.  But we do we do about the dryer that wakes up the neighborhood?  Get a new one or repair the one we have?

What started off as a simple list of things I would like to do has sort of blossomed into resolutions.  Damnit.  Well, on we go.  Happy New Year!

No comments: