Last night we went out in Wrigleyville - had a really good blue cheese burger and some chili fries at a nice little place called the Avenue Tavern (upscaly, but not pretentious - Think the Bulldog on Canal Blvd.). Then we headed to Friar Tuck's (divy but not dark enough - the old Robert's bar had a similar feel) for a beer and then across the street to Monsignor Murphy's (nice, dark, but not divy and a little young for me - New Bruno's). I tend to favor dive bars, personally. Then the medicine hit me. I had to take the bus back to the hotel.
I am ready to light this place up tonight - taking names along the way.
So far, here in Chi-Town, the people here seem split 50-50 on whether the Saints will win. They don't think Grossman is very good, but they think he is the future of their team (is this ironic or foreboding?) . But they are scared of the Saints potent offense.
On the agenda today:
- Make reservations at the Weber Grill Restaurant on State St.
- Listen to some Blues.
- Shake this cold (or not. It won't matter when the adrenaline starts flowing).
- Buy something nice for the wife.
- Eat a slice of Chicago pizza somewhere.
- Hook up with the New Orleans folks.
- Yell WHO DAT!? and see who answers.
- Get a decent night's sleep.