If you subscribe to Sports Illustrated, you have probably already read this article. If you don't, buy this week's edition for an article about the Saints by Michael Silver. He drives around town with Coach Payton and learns about the new New Orleans Saints and gives us some great new quotes along the way. Among my favorites:
- "Follow my formula, and we'll win the game." Coach Payton
- "You have to look at why they've only won one playoff game in 40 years. There's a reason. We're in a place where, within 10 minutes, you can get a daiquiri, sit at a blackjack table and go to a strip club - and you can do it at 4 in the morning. If you've got the type of people on your team who are susceptible to that, they'll find trouble. So yeah, character's important." Coach Payton
- The defense, with its three white linebackers, has a nickname for itself - Oreo.
- "Our defense shut down Atlanta, and against Tampa it was special teams. This time it was the offense's turn. That's what a team is all about." - Drew Brees
There is a long bit about how Joe Horn got open. And in it, I couldn't but help think of my friend up above the nosebleed area who takes the pictures that led to the touchdown reception which tied the game.
The last quote is my favorite:
- Right now you're the Big Easy's biggest act - and 53 players and a whole lot of Saints fans are screaming for more.
I've never eaten at a Besh restaurant - I was just thinking the other day about how weird that is. We go out for maybe three or four special occasion type dinners every year. There are enough Bes...
12 hours ago