Sunday, May 07, 2006

Quote of the Day

John Kerry said this about the SBA (and every other federal agency as far as I am concerned) - nola.com:

"The record is obviously disastrous," Kerry told small-business owners. "The government ought to be working spontaneously, willfully and effectively for people, not slowly and begrudgingly and reluctantly.

"It's that simple. And it's not the impression I've gotten from anybody I've talked to today."

I would add that I haven't gotten that impression from anyone. Period.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever heard of
The Great Deluge : Hurricane Katrina, New Orleans, and the Mississippi Gulf Coast
by Douglas Brinkley? It apparently just came out today. I know that you are a humongous supporter of New Orleans but this book is said to just give the other side. Sometimes it's interesting to read what the "other side" is saying no matter how infuriating the contents may be to you.
~Lena